The Action Plan (2012-2015) of the Africa-Europe Youth Platform (AEYP) foresees the development of an online resource centre to ‘serve the two-fold purpose of addressing both the needs of improving communication among the members and the communication with the external world’.
The implementation of the online resource centre clearly identified the different target groups: the youth in general, the youth organisations (both the members of our networks and others) and the institutional interlocutors (the Council of Europe, The European Union, the African Union and the United Nations, as well as their Member States.
The Africa Europe Youth Cooperation online resource centre (AEYCO) was developed with contributions from AEYP stakeholders during the second half of 2012 and was developed under the Terms of Reference (Budget Line Number: LC 5025/6570/00029 of April 2012) launched by the Joint Management Agreement between the European Commission (EuropeAid Cooperation Office) and the North-South Centre of the Council of Europe.
The general aim of AEYCO is to map relevant actors (institutional stakeholders, youth organisations, networks) in AEYC and foster capacity-building and cooperation between Africa and Europe organisations working towards the goals of the Africa-EU Strategy.
Furthermore, AEYCO is a tool for:
• giving visibility to Africa Europe Youth Cooperation and its main stakeholders;
• centralizing useful information such as stakeholders agendas and calendars, as well as calls and opportunities for partners and interested young people and youth organisations in order to foster cooperation;
• disseminating AEYC outcomes and priorities, by gathering and promoting academic research, political documents, information on the institutional framework and pedagogical resources;
• raising awareness about the thematic priorities in particularly the Millennium Development Goals, the successes and the shortcomings of the process so far and how the challenges affect young people;
• developing capacity-building of actors involved in AEYC;
• improving communication between AEYC stakeholders.
AEYCO seeks to be interactive, youth-friendly and inclusive. It was developed to promote continuous update and monitoring, transparency, knowledge sharing, capacity-building and a community of practices for AEYC.
Joint Management Agreement between the European Commission - EuropeAid Co-operation Office and the North-South Centre of the Council of Europe c/o North-South Centre, Rua de São Caetano, n° 32, 1200-829 Lisbon, Portugal, Tel +351 213 584 030, Fax +351 213 584 037/72, E-mail: email@example.com